AEDB Stands for Alternative Energy Development Board, an organization working under the Ministry of Water & Power since 2006. However, aim of AEDB is to regulate & develop alternative energy means in Pakistan. AEDB Registration may be required by the individuals or companies operating in alternative energies. Therefore, AEDB certification can open doors for bank leasing & On-grid systems.
AEDB offers registration to the solar companies in three broad categories as C1, C2 & C3. We will be discussing all details about AEDB in detail in this article.
AEDB Registration – A step by step Guide
AEDB registration can pay back in a very efficient way. But without having AEDB registration, it is very difficult to stand out from the solar vendor’s crowd. However, AEDBregistration is a tough, time taking & technical procedure that requires the services of some professional consultant.
The very first step before applying AEDB registration is to brainstorm about the problem. there are a few questions that can be considered before getting into the procedure.
- What are our targets?
- How much budget available for the business?
- Do we need AEDB registration or not?
- If yes, then in which category?
- In which capacity will we work in?
- What are charges of AEDB registration in total?
- Is this right time to initiate the process etc
AEDB License Categories
There are 3 categories offered by AEDB for registration as installer/vendor. However, there are few companies registered with AEDB since 2006 till now
- V1 Category
- V2 Caregory
- V3 Category
- AEDB C1 Category
- C2 Category
- C3 AEDB Category
AEDB Registration Fee
As per the new AEDB policy announced in September 2021, three years of AEDB certification will be issued from now. 01-year registration and renewal are terminated.
Fee for different categories are as follow
|C1||220,000||3 Years from Registration|
AEDB Registration Requirements
Getting AEDB certification registration may be a difficult & hectic procedure if initiated without proper knowledge. Some requirements are publicly available but some are not available. So, it is recommended to hire a professional corporate consultant to get AEDB desired registration done in the desired category.
250KVa C3 Registration Requirements
AEDB C3 is the initial & lowest category that allows 250KW as hybrid (On / Off-Grid). Getting C3 registration following are the requirements
- Pakistan Engineeirng Council valid registration
- Active Sales Tax/ STRN registration
- Provincial Tax Reveue board registration
- Bank Gurantee for 1 year more than the AEDB certification tenure
- Bank drafts for processing & certofication fee
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineer(s) required
500KVa C2 Registration Requirements
As we know, C2 allows up to 500KWs to be installed & can be attached to the grid. As this is a handsome category, so these are requirements for C2 registration with AEDB.
Following are C2 registration requirements
- Active Taxpayer Registration
- GST Registration
- PRA / SBR or KKPRA registrtion
- 3 years company age
- 1 MWatt pre-registration experience of the company/ firm targeting AEDB license registraiton
- PEC registration in higher category with desired specialized codes
- Complete legal registration documents
No Limit C1 Registration Requirements
Moreover, C1 is the highest & no limit category available for registration with AEDB. NEPRA allows a maximum of 1 MWatt on-grid & unlimited for off-grid systems
Following are the requirements for AEDB C1 registration
- PEC registration in Rs 500Mn or above
- must have electrical & mechanocal specilaized codes
- Active taxpayer with FBR
- Company profile showing completed projects in detail
- Provincial Board of revenue registration
- MoA, AoA, Form 29 & Incorporation certicates, in case of Private Limited company
- In case of Partnership firm, Reistrar of firms registration & Form C